OFFICIAL DEVELOPER CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: The Tap Developers Contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of any country in which participation is permitted by law. The Contest is void in Rhode Island, USA; Italy; Portugal; Brazil; Quebec, Canada; Saudi Arabia; and UAE, and wherever prohibited by law. Where required by law, minors may only participate in the Contest with prior parental consent. Employees of Tap Systems, Inc. and other companies associated with the promotion or sponsorship of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to U.S. federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Tap Systems, Inc., located at 177 E Colorado Blvd, Suite 200, Pasadena, California 91105 (the “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to this Contest.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on April 1, 2020 at 9:00 am Pacific Daylight Time and ends on June 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter: For the duration of the Contest, submissions will be accepted online at www.tapwithus.com/contact by following the directions provided. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Contest Period. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: The grand prize is Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen by the Sponsor at its discretion. In addition, all entrants who qualify will receive one (1) $75 gift card (for Amazon, Apple or Google.
All prizes are nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Contest winners. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of a gift card will be permitted.
- Qualifying Criteria:
Qualifying Criteria for receiving a $75 Amazon / Apple / Google gift card:
- Your submitted solution must be compiled and able to run on a standard platform;
- Your submitted solution must be made available for other Tap users;
- Your submitted solution must be shared publicly in the form of a blog/social media post or video demo with hashtag #tapwithus; and
- Your submitted solution source code must be made available on GitHub.
- Your submitted solution must use Tap as an exclusive controller
- Your submitted solution must be original work
Qualifying Criteria for eligibility to be selected as the $5,000 grand prize winner:
- Your submitted solution must have mass market appeal;
- Your submitted solution must solve a real user problem;
- Your submitted solution must meet “Plug & Play” UX standards; and
- Your submitted solution must be adopted by other Tap users.
- Your submitted solution must use Tap as an exclusive controller
- Your submitted solution must be original work
The determination as to whether Your submission meets the above criteria shall be made by the Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- Winner Notification: The Grand Prize winner will be notified by social media, email, mail or phone. If he or she cannot be contacted or the prize is returned as undeliverable, he or she forfeits the prize. The Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning or non-current contact information. All contest winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Prizes will be awarded approximately 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Odds: Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Rights Granted to the Sponsor by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, anyone acting on its behalf, and its licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, marketing, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Third Parties’ Rights. By entering this Content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Suspension of Contest: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest , to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the costs expended by entrant in connection with his or her participation in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located within the state of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest ). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, visit Sponsor’s website at www.tapwithus.com/contact
- on or before July 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time; or mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Tap Systems, Inc., 177 E Colorado Blvd, Suite 200, Pasadena, California 91105, which request must be received no later than July 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
- Facebook: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.